Native iOS Mobile App Development
Native mobile app development is the process of developing apps for particular hardware platforms on the operating system level, such as; Android, and iOS, etc. These applications run faster than hybrid or web applications, but they are more difficult to build. Native mobile app development provides you a fast performance and high degree of reliability. They also have access to some phone features like camera, address book etc. Users can also use some apps without internet, but such apps are very expensive to develop.
These days, you can easily find iPhone app developers for hire that can develop native mobile apps according to your requirements. Native mobile apps for iOS are closed sourced and proprietary; therefore, do not work on any other operating systems. These apps are built on Xcode framework using Objective-C programming language. Mac is necessary to build an iOS application, along with an iOS Developer Account with $99 per year fee requirement. The iOS apps provide a high-quality range of graphics in all, 2D and 3D, along with video recording and playback. Non-native development tools will often lock you in and force you to stick with the abstraction layer.
In order to create a truly native user experience with your application, your development tools need to let you work with the native widgets and infrastructure of the platform. If you want to treat your customers to a truly native application, you need to choose a development tool chain that allows you to work on the native platform.
Such tool chains include; Tools for iOS: (Objective C, Java, SQLite, Xcode) and Tools for Android: (Android studio, Eclipse, Java, SQLite) etc. The interface of native apps not only look like what end user expects, but also works the other way too.
Pros & Cons of Native iOS App Development
- Apps are easy and fast to run as compared to other operating systems and application types, such including the web or cross-platform applications.
- Native iOS apps take full use of hardware and internal features of the devices
- Native applications get full support from App Store, once they are approved
- Support from the App Store provides full security and safety to iOS customers
- It’s easy for customers to find apps on App Store once they are approved and featured
- Native app developers have more ease due to availability of iOS exclusive software development kits (SDKs) and development tools
- The iOS applications are closed sourced
- App Store can handle your transactions on your behalf if you allow
- Native iOS projects are considerably more expensive for developers, compared to cross-platform and web applications
- If the application supports variety of iOS devices, the costs of updating and maintenance are higher for the developer
- Being closed sourced, Mac OS X is required to develop applications; they cannot be developed on any other operating systems
- The process of getting an app approved by the App Store is long and tedious; updates also have to be App Store approved in order to be featured there
- There is no guarantee that your app will be accepted and added to the App Store database
- There is also no guarantee of fast popularity of application among iOS users
- The global market share for Apple has reduced to a small 11%
- Due to diversity in iOS device type, version, and application version, it is a difficult process for developer to offer full support to all the application users
- If the application generates expenses, 30% must go to Apple’s App Store, including all of the in-app purchases
Apple is the 2nd top operating system used worldwide in the technological department, standing at 11% on global market share. It covers all sorts of applications including; native, web and cross-platform applications. DevBatch has years of expertise in the field of mobile app development, including iPhone app development. If you have any queries, would want to get an iOS app developed, are looking for some estimates on iOS native app development, or merely need advice on said topic, contact us now for free quotes.